We have noticed a sudden spike in Google My Business being suspended over the last few weeks. We have identified some reasons for this. Unfortunately we are in the hands of Google when it comes to GMB’s, and suspension is purely based on their policies. They are very vague as to these policies, and thus as to why your listing gets suspended or disabled. We thus urge you to please reach out to Clicks Matter before making any changes to your listing, and I can advise accordingly.
The following is a few reasons we have seen accounts being suspended:
1) Changing the address on your Google My Business.
2) Changing the phone number.
3) Changing the website URL.
4) Updating the description.
5) Having multiple GMB’s (Google only allows you to have 1 GMB per website, you can have more than 1 GMB but then you need to create separate pages for each GMB)
6) Suspicious activity (Users on your listing doing suspicious activity and Google marks them as a red flag. Make sure everyone that has access to your listing is part of your approved users)
7) Google runs an update and your account gets suspended for no reason.
Should your account be suspended, please see below for the process to follow to get it activated again:
If your account gets suspended you will need to submit the following documents to Google for verification:
1) CIPC Docs with your address that is associated to your Google My Business.
2) Utility Bill with the company name and address associated to your Google My Business or,
3) Signage outside your office that has your company name and logo which can be identified as your business
We use a vetted company to assist with getting listings back as they have direct contact with Google (This company has been vetted by myself and I have used them for over a year getting listings back). In some cases a fee might be applied in getting listings back. Unfortunately Google support team is at limited capacity and getting a listing back can take a few weeks. We get little to no updates from Google until the listing is back live.
FAQ – Google My Business
How do I reinstate my Google business page?
- Don’t panic. Take a a deep breathe!
- Get advice. Reach out to the Google My Business Support Community and one of the volunteer Product Experts or users to review your information.
- Provide your information.
- Submit a reinstatement request.
- Wait for a response.
- Wait to make edits after reinstatement.
How long does it take to get Google my business reinstated?
It typically takes about 2-3 weeks for Google to review your reinstatement request. If it’s been more than three weeks and your listing still hasn’t been reinstated, you can contact GMB support via Twitter or Facebook and ask for an update.
Why did my Google my business listing get suspended?
Common reasons your GMB listing can get suspended include the following: Mistakes or variations of your business name appear online. Multiple businesses claim to operate from your address. Recent changes to your address, categories, name, website, or phone number have appeared on your listing
How do I Unsuspend my account?
If you think that your account was mistakenly suspended, you may be able to unsuspend it. Take steps to unsuspend your account. If you log in and see prompts that ask you to provide your phone number or confirm your email address, follow the instructions to get your account unsuspended.